Saturday 5 February 2011

The Hype about Little Eye

I thought I'd split Tuesdays show into two parts: the prerecord with Little Eye that aired 6-6.35, then the live interview with The Hype that happened afterwards. A busy little show, hence the very relevant blog title courtesy of the Little Eye song, Remember Yesterday.
First off, well cover the pre-recorded interview with the lovely Allan from Little Eye. I have to admit, Allan's been my easiest interview;

34414_452380884820_777519820_5637995_7072984_n
(Allan and his friend Thomas took these pictures before
they came into the studio- so we had a muddy studio on their departure!)
he's so chatty I barely had to do anything! Listening through the raw audio, there were so many options for the road the interview was to go down, it surprising I managed to cut it down to 35 mins!
We started with a chat about the band, how it's changed over the years and where it is now. In Allan's words "we're a 5 piece alternative power-pop/rock band from Glasgow," and I would agree perfectly. Their purposefully pop sound is clear through their demo tracks, such as Potential Future Adventures, Distort the Sky (which I hear is seat to be their first single!) and Ever Better. We also discussed their song Impossible to Justify and the story behind the song, which in all honesty I think made me love the song even more than I did to begin with.
I don't want to say too much about the interview as I'm going to try and get a few sections from it up on here on Monday afternoon, and I like to keep you all in eager anticipation!
There was some really great feed back from the listeners to Little Eye, so hopefully they'll have gained a good few more fans from being on the show!
After the prerecord, we had Ronnie and Andy from The Hype in to chat with us. They were a wee bit quiet to begin with, (whether that be from nerves or just because they're boys and boys are predominantly quiet when you shove a microphone on front of them!)l_ad748cdc68d648de95b3ab53ca3f7a4dbut they soon warmed up and were chatting away about the band and their influences. We also spoke about their spectacular album art work (which you can see to the right -> ) along with their manager Loraine, who organised the interview and who was listening along with her 3 month old son, where's they've been gigging and what they're set to do next!

(This is a repost of a blog published in November 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment